12 April, 2011

truce

it.has.been.a.while.
i didn't know it would take me three months to recover.

i like to cling to the idea that my blog is my space to write anything that comes to be, a diary of sorts to empty all the hidden places of my heart--sometimes thoughts come that I didn't realize I had or an outlet for frustrations.  moreover, a place to pour things that spontaneously found me.
i feel like i should make a public disclaimer here before i continue:  i write here publicly because i have no problem with exposing my flaws to you.  i am not ashamed of me, how i think, who i am, and the weaknesses in me, just as i am not ashamed of my strengths.
i will not hide from you.
in that transparency though, please do not read what is written here and judge it.  do not send me personal messages and correct me, or ask me for apologies or corrections.
i have none to offer you.
we are all on a journey.  we are all growing, learning, changing, becoming.  we are all flawed, even in our best efforts.  i am chief among them.  so i will, most definitely, write things here that offend, that are wrong, that haven't been perfected yet by my Father or hubby, and that might hurt you.  these are unintentional because i don't know yet what i don't know yet.
but neither do i want to answer to you for them.  i submit myself to my Father transparently. constantly.  i promise you can trust Him, to continually adjust me, correct me, love me, fix me.  He loves me more than you ever could.  there are people in this world who know they can approach me with correction--that i welcome them because i have relationship with them.  i know their hearts.
i don't want to hide any more from the desire to remain transparent.  so perhaps we can come to a truce:  i will be transparent, and you will love me enough to let me be.

*to the person who found my blog and said my perspective on having babies is the reason why our planet is overpopulated, i pray that you find how much Jesus loves you.  that you are handmade.  we might disagree, but i pray that your life becomes one of great peace and effectiveness. - DRH

3 comments:

Jessie said...

I'm so glad you're "back", Diane! I want to give a hearty amen to your blog disclaimer. You are awesome and loved! :)

A Journey of a Thousand Miles... said...

Glad to see you are back. I missed you.

brandienbrown said...

<3 your honesty. I just wrote a note to myself... Not sure if it will be public (maybe to you since you follow me!) you are right though. Your blog is a place for your thoughts, frustrations, joys, and downfalls. So, from me to you, and vice versa, I'll be honest if you will :) When it REALLY comes down to it, those who are honest speak what others are thinking...