16 December, 2010

pretty nails or useful hands

its a red nail polish kind of day.  i think i'm going to take myself out to get some.
along with baby wipes and eggs.
i'm forgetting something.
darn. it.

i don't know why i bother with nail polish.  and i will think that exact thought a week from now, when it's chipped almost completely off and looks ridiculous.  i will wonder why i went to the store and spent the money for it.  on purpose.  knowing full well it wasn't going to end well.

but its Christmas and my mommy hands need a little...sump'm sump'm.  however you spell that.

dish detergent!
whew, that's a relief.  glad i remembered
one more day without that and i'll be scraping the dishes clean with my fingernails.

that might be why, a week from now, the nail polish will have been a mistake.
because, even if i do remember the dish detergent, i will find some other way to mess them up.

oh well.
hands were made to be used, not displayed.
so i'll paint my nails and they'll be lovely for a moment.
then i'll use my hands and they'll be lovely to someone else.
i guess that's a fair trade after all.

3 comments:

A Journey of a Thousand Miles... said...

I love nail polish! If nothing else, I try to keep my toes painted. If no one else appreciates them, at least I do!

Sue said...

So much of your writings are our thoughts, only you have the gift of putting them in words.

Sue said...

So much of your writings are our thoughts, only you have the gift of putting them in words.